Saturday, November 1, 2014

Healthy Fast Food & My Future Franchise?

On Monday I traveled to a college fair in Horsham, PA. I always love visiting Hatboro-Horsham High School - easy drive, a super friendly guidance counselor, and of course I get to stop at one of my favorite places for lunch!

On my first trip to Horsham I passed a sign advertising "Healthy Fast Food." Curiosity (and disbelief) led me inside the restaurant. Could it be? Was there a healthy alternative to those other fast food chains?

What I found was Bryn and Dane's.

Bryn and Dane's is a reformatted version of "fast food." They call it a FAST FOOD REVOLUTION. The food is locally sourced, everything is lo-cal, and the business is operated sustainably. Of course, I LOVED IT based on these things alone! Then between the banana wraps (with granola and agave nectar - yum) and the sweet potato fries, I WAS SOLD!

Since that day I've been trying to convince my husband that we should buy a franchise (He's a tough sell, so we'll call that a work in progress)! And who's going to assist me in this venture? Well, my sis and bro, Rita and Arlen (of course)!

What I think I love most about Bryn and Dane's is that the founder, Bryn Davis, is able to use his restaurant to promote his passion for health and wellness (read more). It's a wonderful thing when your professional goals align so perfectly with your greater purpose!
The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.  
Mark Twain 
Although I may never own a Bryn and Dane's franchise, I do know that I'm determined to find a similar sense of connection between my career and my purpose. I know I want to make a difference in the lives of others. I'm lucky enough to have two amazing outlets to do that - my job at Central Penn College and my role as a licensed Zumba Fitness instructor. With both, I get to watch my students accomplish their goals, and it is AWESOME!

What about you? How does YOUR profession fuel your purpose? Post your thoughts below!



#fastfoodrevolution #healthyfastfood #zumbafitness #zumbalove #bethechange

No comments:

Post a Comment