Tuesday, July 1, 2014

July: 4 Weeks, 4 Friends, 4 Goals

July is here! And this month I'm going to be focused on my fitness goals thanks to Shawna Strine, Denise Zern, and Stephanie Okuniewski! We've decided to team up so we can shape up! The best part is that we can depend on each other for encouragement and motivation along the way. Here's our plan for making this month our best yet...

Step 1: Think big. On Sunday we saw our friend, Jeff Fazio, complete a major goal he had started in 2013. His mission? To run 50 5k's in 50 states in one year. Sounds crazy, right? But his purpose behind it certainly wasn't. He was running for those that can't - those with Muscular Dystrophy, ALS, and other physical limitations. And HE DID IT! On Sunday he hosted the final event, the 4D 5K, and brought his goal to completion. His accomplishment reminds me that we are capable of so much more than we give ourselves credit for. We need to think big!

Step 2: Write it down. Author and marketing expert Michael Hyatt says that "those who write their goals down accomplish significantly more than those who do not write their goals." That's just where we started. Each of us came up with four goals. On paper. With strategies, rewards, and punishments to coincide with each (Heads up Central Penn College students - you may luck out with this one! If I miss a run, I'm buying lunch for one of you)! 

Step 3: Strategize. One of my goals includes doing something that I suck at each week (Thanks Nerd Fitness for being the inspiration for this goal). The idea is that it will take me out of my comfort zone and give me opportunity to learn and grow. But to make this goal happen I'm going to have to plan ahead. If anyone has any random things they can teach me, please let me know by posting in the comments below! I'm looking for ideas starting now!

Step 4: Work together. This is my favorite part! I would have never taken on this challenge if it wasn't for Shawna's "arm twisting." And I know that the four of us with be so much stronger when we are working together. Here we are on day one of the challenge... I'll be sure to share a recap and an updated pic at the end of the month!
At the 4D 5K - Sunday, June 29, 2014

#friends #fitness #goalsetting

1 comment: