Monday, June 23, 2014

Happy Birthday, Nanny Lou!

My aunt, Nancy Motter, just turned 85! To celebrate, we took Nan to two of her favorite places... Lunch at Red Lobster followed by shopping at the Coach Outlet! Ladies' day out!

Mother, Daughter, and Aunt! Selfie at Red Lobster!
Lunch with my family is never dull. It usually involves someone spilling something, making fun of my mom for asking for extra condiments "to go," and laughing at funny stories - heaven help us if the meal involves fortune cookies (but I'll save that story for another day)!

Sunday was no different, and as we passed those irresistible cheddar bay biscuits around the table, I realized how lucky I am to have the family that I do! 

When I was little, Nan took me to the Smithsonian, she gave me my first subscription to National Geographic magazine, and signed me up for summer classes at the State Museum. She took me on my first college visit to Penn State's main campus (my Uncle's alma mater), and I KNEW that I would go to college someday, too!

She supported me through undergrad and later grad school - and spent many (many) hours making sure I completed my master's thesis (When it was finally done, she was the first person to read it)! I am truly the person I am today because of HER!

You can't just say thank you for that - it doesn't quite sum it up. So what can we do to honor the birthday of someone so important? Ask the waiter if he can sing for her (what else??)!!! 

She was hoping we wouldn't do it, but she is definitely worth celebrating. We couldn't let her off the hook! Check out the video below to see Nan's special moment. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NAN!!!


"The way I see it, you should live everyday like its your birthday."  Paris Hilton

No comments:

Post a Comment