Monday, July 14, 2014

The "Post-Spartan" Cheerleader Challenge

What do you picture when you think of a SPARTAN WARRIOR?

As of Saturday, I now think less of Gerard Butler and more of Derek, Alicia, Casey, Jen, Jessi, Tammy, Timi, Tony, Megan, Lisa, Jeremy, Alan, and Mandie - a group of friends from Fitness U that competed in the Spartan Race at Blue Mountain Ski Area and Resort.

The race was like nothing I've seen before. Five miles of hills (consider the fact that we were at a SKI RESORT), rough terrain, and insane obstacles. You can get a glimpse of the event in the Pennsylvania Spartan Race Official Video 2013.

I was on a team with a different goal - Instead of participating, we were the SPARTAN CHEERLEADERS! We made signs, wore Spartan foam hats, and had a blast cheering on our friends!

At the end of the day, I was in absolute awe of the competitors. I couldn't imagine taking on a challenge like that! The team had been training for months to prepare for an event that would truly push them to the limits both physically and mentally. I was so impressed and inspired by this hard-core crew!

But it made me think...

What does it feel like to cross the finish line at event like this? Or to accomplish a goal that seems almost impossible? Well, Spartans, it's time! Don't worry - I'm not asking you to sign up for the Spartan Race (unless you want to)! But I am challenging you to think BIG. What's one thing you think that you could never do? Maybe a dream that you keep in the back of your mind but have never shared?

Have you thought of it? Ok - now here's the "Post-Spartan" Cheerleader Challenge: This week I challenge you to do ONE THING that gets you closer to doing whatever you've just identified. Think you can't have six-pack abs? Time to try the Ab-ripper! Think you don't have what it takes to be a Zumba instructor? Get your butt on stage with me!

Remember, you don't have to accomplish your goal this week. Just take one step closer! As an incentive, post something about what you did on my Zumba Fitness Facebook page or in the comments below! Everyone that posts will be entered to win a very special prize!

What am I going to do? I'll let you know on my Facebook page later this week!

"Inch by inch, it's a cinch. Yard by yard, it's hard." Mary Kay Ash

"This is Sparta!" King Leonidas
Spartan Race 2014, Team Misfits

No comments:

Post a Comment