Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Celebrating 34!

On August 28th, I celebrated my 34th birthday! There are definitely a few things that I LOVE about birthdays...

1. BIRTHDAY CAKE. Yep, undeniably my favorite food. And I love that my birthday gives me an(other) excuse to get dessert! My sister-in-law even found the perfect candy (Hello BIRTHDAY CAKE M&M's)! Rita, you know me so well!

2. WISHES. Who needs candles in a cake?  I had to smile when one of my students broke out his Zippo lighter in my office at Central Penn College. He turned it into a pseudo-candle to wish me a happy birthday. Very memorable, Zach!

I also blew out a candle stuck in sticky rice and mango during my birthday dinner at Thai Palace (Thanks Shawn, Kimm and Jason, Blair and Jeremy, and Scott and Diane)! An awesome evening of food, wine, laughter, and stories!


3. GIFTS. Ok - I know that sounds awful, but keep reading! On Thursday night I joined the Halifax Hotties (my incredible rockstar Zumba students) at an AWESOME '80's ZUMBA BIRTHDAY PARTY! We rocked our jelly bracelets and leg warmers and danced to The Donnas, Paula Abdul, and Madonna. And at the end of class, the Hotties gave me an amazing birthday gift - $173 for the ALS Association in memory of my brother-in-law, Perry (who also shares my birthday). I know their generous gift is going to help find a treatment (and eventually a cure) for ALS. I can't think of a better gift than that. 


FAMILY & FRIENDS. Whether at Thai Palace with friends, dancing with my Zumba divas, or watching Ghostbusters (one of my favorite movies) at the theater with Shawn, spending time with friends and family tops my list of things that I LOVE about birthdays. And although I didn't get to see all of you in person, please know that every text, Facebook post, card, treat, or birthday wish made this year truly memorable! Thanks to all of you for making my 34th so special! 

#teamperry #zumbalove #birthdaycakeaddict 

No comments:

Post a Comment